Save money and save a life.
Adoption is the better option.
|Adoption Option||Purchase from a store or breeder|
|Your friend for life||$50 - $125||$400 - $2000|
|Sterilization surgery||Included||$150 - $250|
|Vaccinations||Included||$33 - $75|
|Feline leukemia and FIV test||Included||$50 - $75|
|Deworming||Included||$10 - $20|
|Transition support||Included||Good luck!|
|TOTAL||$50 - $125||$643 - $2420|
Adoption is nearly always the better financial choice when compared to purchasing from a store or breeder. In addition to being a good financial choice, our goal is to always find a good match for both the pet and the adopter. This results in matches that are significantly more likely to succeed for both your household and the animal.
In order to help you find the most appropriate pet for your household, we ask that you:
- Complete a short survey about your home and lifestyle.
- Bring by as many members of your family as possible to meet the pet.
It's important that your new pet is compatible with all the people and pets in your house; we do our best to determine the adoptable pet's ability to adjust to your lifestyle. We evaluate each adoption on a case-by-case basis and may ask you to visit us several times to meet with the dog or cat prior to completing the adoption.
Misconceptions about Adoption
- There's something wrong with the animal.
- FALSE. All adoptable pets undergo medical examination and are evaluated to match your lifestyle.
- They're all old cats and dogs; there aren't any cute puppies and kittens.
- FALSE. Adoptable pets of various ages are available; we frequently have kittens and puppies available. However, they're very popular and usually get adopted very quickly.
- The store or breeder has a larger variety.
- FALSE. Stores and breeders may have more pets, but they're usually limited to only a few specific breeds. Adoption opens up your options to breeds and mixes not available for purchase. In addition, through our collaboration with other agencies and groups we can find the perfect pet for you.