Foster a Furry Friend
When you foster, you agree to take a homeless dog or cat into your home and give him or her love, care and attention, either for a predetermined period of time or until the dog is adopted.
Why do adoption groups need foster homes?
There are many reasons a dog might need foster care. Some of the most common include:
- A litter of puppies or kittens either with or without parents needs somewhere safe until they are old enough to be adopted.
- A puppy or kitten is too young to be adopted and needs a safe place to stay until he or she is old enough to go to a forever home.
- A dog or cat is recovering from surgery, illness or injury and needs a safe place to recuperate.
- A dog or cat is showing signs of stress such as pacing or hiding in the shelter.
- A dog or cat needing behavior modification.
Why should I foster a pet?
Fostering a dog or cat is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have (other than adopting, of course).
By taking an animal in need temporarily into your home you’re:
- freeing up a spot so we can take in more animals who need rescue
- giving your foster pet the time he needs to be ready for adoption
- helping us learn more about the pet so they can end up in the best home possible
- helping to socialize the animal
How do I sign up to foster?
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application or give us a call for more information (805) 688-8224.